Saturday 20 October 2007

Sometimes the Simple Things in Life Are Best

Last night dinner had to be super speedy and super tasty, because, not only had the day been rather hectic, getting ready for our new arrival (an Irish Setter puppy on Sunday), but I'm currently working nights.


Now as much as I like working my night shifts I do find it absolutely essential that I come to work well fed. This may sound like a strange thing for a 'foodie' (cringe, I hate that word) to say but for any of my day shifts I don't care if I come to work on empty. Nights for some reason are different, although I can't put my finger on the reason why.



After rummaging round in the fridge and cupboards seeking inspiration I decided on a very simple but cheerful salad of griddled halloumi and mixed herbs. It screams summer and after the cold, wet day I was screaming out for summer food too. The added bonus was that I managed to salvage lots of fresh herbs from the garden too before they ended up in the compost bin.

2 comments:

vonsachsen said...

What a nice piccie! Love the colors! It´s like spring was on it´s way...

Georgina Ingham | CulinaryTravels said...

Thanks Eva. This is such a lovely salad, so refreshing & light yet filling enough to have along side only a little crusty bread.